Thursday, April 18, 2013

Revised Summary/Plan/Update

My Sexism research has been going well. I went to the mall and wrote down what I saw in a restaurant, male and female-dominated stores, a hair salon, and in a gender-neutral store, Target. I wrote down how males and females interacted and how workers interacted with the different sexed-customers. My findings were very interesting. I still have yet to give out the scenarios. I decided that I am going to show people a random item (ex. a leather wallet or a sneaker) and ask them who it belongs to, a male or female. I will also give people a scenario and/or a career and ask them who did it. For example, a firefighter- male or female? Or a kid was beaten in his home- was it the mom or dad? I will give many people of different age groups and genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment